Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-18 minutes
Seafood lovers rejoice! Lobster have arrived for a limited time - catch this Atlantic favourite while you can.
This traditional Maritime dish is made with Gaspé Peninsula lobster, creamy mayonnaise, celery, and served in a traditional white bun. It makes the perfect grab and go lunchtime treat, but don’t forget the kettle chips and dill pickle!
Cook's Note: Place lobster salad in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows the salad to absorb the flavorings.
- Fill a pot about quarter full with fresh water and bring to a boil.
- Add sea salt; about ½ cup salt for each 3.8 l (one gallon) of fresh water.
- Drop the lobster into the boiling water and cover. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 (male) to 18 minutes (female) per pound.
- When the lobster’s cooked, taken it out of the pan and put it in a bowl of salted ice water (30g / 1 oz salt for each one l (one gallon) of fresh water) for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Remove the meat from the lobsters, chopping any large chunks into bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the rolls in the oven or in a pan.
- Fill each roll with a salad leaf and the lobster salad. .
Photo : ID : 38205755 / Joshua Resnick
Hints & Tips