Chef Philip suggests to use a microplane zester to perfectly and rapidly zest citrus and lemongrass.
Note: Grill a Half lemon seasoned for some great additional flavor! Serve on side
- Soften butter in a bowl (using whip, or mixer.
- Add ingredients and incorporate well, and allow volume to increase.
- Using a rubber spatula, place mixture on plastic wrap about 30 cm / 12” long evenly.
- Form into “Log”, about 5 cm / 2” in diameter.
- Reserve chilled until needed for service.
- Coat the fish with the oil, and evenly marinate with the lemongrass. Can be marinated ahead.
- Season fish just before grilling.
- Using a warm small sauté pan, sweat chili mix and shallots.
- Add chicken stock, and let incorporate together.
- Add Lemongrass butter, and only dissolve into stock mixture. Should be tight, do not let boil or it will break (best to pull off of flame while incorporating). Reserve.
- In a warm non-stick pan, place oil and rice and toss to get warm.
- Add remaining ingredients and incorporate together. Reserve.
- Clean the leeks, cut into 3” logs, then cut in half lengthwise. Julienne thinly.
- Fry in 150°C / 300°F oil, until just golden (about 5-6 min). Season and reserve until needed for plating.
- Grill the fish.
- Mound cilantro rice on 4 ‘bowl plates’, and top each one with fish.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Garnish with a small bunch of fried leeks. Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips