Melon and Prawn Kebabs Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 4 - 5 minutes
Serve the kebabs with scented rice (Basmati, Thai, etc.)
For 4 servings
- 1 - 800 g (1 3/4 lb.) melon
- 24 fresh or frozen prawns
- 8 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- 2 bird's eye chilies
- 50 g (2 oz.) granulated sugar
- 50 g (2 oz.) brown sugar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Prepare the marinade. Squeeze the juice of 5 limes into a deep dish.
- Add the crushed garlic, grated ginger, one minced chili, granulated sugar, salt, pepper and oil. Combine well.
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails on.
- Place the prawns in the marinade and marinate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel the melon and remove the seeds and strings, then cut into cubes.
- Place the melon in a bowl and toss with the juice of the remaining limes. Add the second minced chili and combine. Set aside.
- Just before cooking, spread the brown sugar on a plate.
- Alternate marinated prawns and melon cubes lightly rolled in brown sugar onto wooden skewers.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes over hot coals, turning several times. Do not let them brown or caramelize. Serve very hot.
More recipe ideas
***** CODE PUB = PUB_G *****
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips