Melon and yellow tomato gazpacho with tapioca Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15-20 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
Refrigeration time: 1 hour
You can serve the soup with thin slices of grilled bacon placed over the glasses.
For 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. curry
- 4 Tbsp. tapioca
- 1 melon
- 5 yellow and/or red tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 sprigs of basil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 pinches of paprika
- salt and pepper
- Bring 750 ml (3 cups) water to a boil with the curry. Sprinkle in the tapioca and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain the tapioca and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile, cut the flesh of the melon into small dice. Set some aside for garnish.
- Purée the rest of the melon with the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice, olive oil and paprika until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tapioca to the mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the soup into 4 glass dishes; garnish with basil leaves and the reserved diced melon.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips