Mint ice cream with bitter chocolate mousse Recipe
Flavors of Spain
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Infusion : 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1 litre milk
- 80 mint leaves
- 10 egg yolks
- 250 g sugar
- 150 ml cream
- 250 g butter
- 275 g couverture chocolate (bitter 70%)
- 50 g egg yolks
- 220 g egg whites
- 15 g sugar
- cocoa powder (5 g)
- mint leaves
For the ice cream
- Bring the milk to a boil; off the heat, steep the mint leaves in it for thirty minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the egg yolk mixture and the cream to the milk with the mint leaves.
- Cook like a crème anglaise until slightly thickened.
- Strain the mixture and pour into an ice cream maker and freeze to the proper consistency.
For the mousse
- Cream the butter in a small mixer.
- Add the melted couverture chocolate in three additions, beating well.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with the sugar and add the egg yolks.
- Fold in the butter mixture carefully so as not to deflate the mixture.
- Place the mint ice cream in a ring mould 4 cm high and 6 cm in diameter. Put in the freezer until serving.
- Dust the mint ice cream with cocoa powder.
- Place on top a ball of bitter chocolate mousse.
- Decorate with mint leaves.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips