Mousseline Sauce Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Mousseline sauce is hollandaise to which 50 g (2 oz.) heavy cream have been added.
It is a perfect accompaniment to poached fish, eggs Benedict, asparagus, etc.
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 g (8 oz) butter
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, pepper
- 50 g (2 oz) whipping cream or 35%
Double boiler preparation
- In the upper part of a double boiler place the butter, egg yolks, vinegar and a pinch of salt;
- place over boiling water and stir constantly until thickened without letting the eggs curdle;
- finish with the lemon juice and a little pepper;
- blend in the cream.
In the blender
- Melt the butter in the microwave;
- combine the first 5 ingredients in the blender; process for a few seconds to form a sauce;
- with the blender running, add about 50 g (2 oz.) cream. If the sauce is too thick, add a little more cream.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips