Prep.time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hours
A renowned physician and alchemist during the Renaissance, Nostradamus published a treatise on jam-making which contains this recipe "for women whose frigidity makes them unable to conceive or to satisfy legitimate appetites."
- Peel the ginger; cut into thin strips; wash several times;
- place into a saucepan and cover with water; boil for 10 minutes;
- drain; repeat the process two more times for 10 minutes, and a final time for 20 minutes;
- let drain overnight;
- in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, boil the drained ginger with the honey for 15 minutes;
- boil again the next day and the day after that, for 15 minutes each time;
- place into jars and eat a spoonful when you're lacking ardor.
Hints & Tips