Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 10-12 minutes
Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies are a tasty combination of oats, brown sugar, walnuts and dried cranberries for a sweet and tart flavor twist. “This is a classic oatmeal cookie with a variety of ingredient options that will surely make it a personal favorite of any family member,” said Baking expert Dede Fuson. “All you have to do is substitute one cup of your favorite ingredient for the dried cranberries to change the recipe. Try miniature chocolate candy, semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch chips or other dried fruit like cherries, apricots or currants for a delicious surprise.”
Create new tastes!
250 ml / 1 cup dried cherries, dried blueberries, currants, candy coated chocolate candies, chocolate chunks, or white chocolate chunks.
190 ml / 3/4 cup chopped pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts... or raisins
- Heat oven to 190°C 375º F. Lightly spray baking sheet with no-stick cooking spray.
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, until well blended.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Beat flour mixture into shortening mixture at low speed until combined.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 5 cm / 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to cooling rack.
Crisco is a registered trademark of The J. M. Smucker Company.
Hints & Tips