Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This is a specialty of central Switzerland that is related to France's quiche lorraine. Served alone or with a salad, it makes a light meal.
(1) Or 300 g / 10 oz. homemade or commercial pie pastry
- On a pastry board, make the pastry by rubbing together the flour, sbrinz and vinegared, salted water.
- Form the pastry into a ball and let rest in a floured cloth in the refrigerator.
Filling and finishing
- Meanwhile, separate the eggs. Beat the whites to firm peaks.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, cream and egg yolks. Season with salt and pepper. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture.
- Roll the pastry out to a 4 mm thickness. Place in a buttered quiche tin. Prick all over with a fork and dust with flour.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese. Pour the filling over top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated 180° C/350° F until the top is golden and the filling is set. Serve hot.
Photo: Androuet, cheesemongerr since 1909. 17 stores in France, UK and Sweden + online shop.
Hints & Tips