Grapefruit and Orange Jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Make this jam in February when sweet juicy Maltese oranges are available.
- 4 grapefruit
- 1 kg (2.2 lb.) oranges
- 1 kg (2.2 lb.) sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 cloves
- Peel the grapefruit; remove the white skin from the sections.
- Squeeze the oranges; dissolve the sugar in the orange juice over low heat; when the liquid comes to a boil, add the pieces of grapefruit.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often, until the sugar has completely dissolved and the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Check the degree of cooking by placing some of the mixture onto a cold plate. Place into sterilized jars.
- The jam can be flavored with 1 cinnamon stick, 1 vanilla bean or 2 cloves.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips