Orange Sauce (for asparagus) Recipe
For 4 servings
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) white asparagus
- 4 oranges
- 2 shallots
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) crème fraîche or 35% cream
- 20 g (4 tsp.) beurre manié (paste of equal parts soft butter and flour)
- salt and pepper
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges. Chop the shallots finely.
- In a saucepan, sweat the shallot in a little butter. Add the orange juice and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and reduce again. Season.
- Whisk in the beurre manié a bit at a time until the sauce has thickened. Set aside.
- Serve the asparagus with small glass dishes of the sauce for dipping.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips