Peach Jam with Sweet Spices and Ginger Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
For 2 jars
- 6 peaches
- 500 g (18 oz.) sugar
- 50 g (2 oz.) fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. sweet spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, lemonbalm)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Sterilize the jars in boiling water, then dry them upside down on a clean towel without wiping them.
- Wash, peel and pit the peaches; cut into small pieces and crush lightly.
- Peel the ginger and cut into fine julienne.
- Put the fruit and ginger into a large heavy pot, sprinkle the sugar on top and let macerate until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Add the spice and lemon juice and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. At the end of the cooking, skim the surface, then put the jam into the hot jars.
- Seal the jars, turn over and let cool.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips