Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: About 12 minutes
If you want a more interesting texture, substitute crunchy peanut butter for smooth.
Peanut butter is a good source of vegetable protein, fiber, folic acid, minerals, vitamin E, good monounsaturated fatty acids and calories. A simple spoonful of peanut butter can provide children with the energy they need during the day. So when you find the good taste of peanut butter in a homemade cookie, it’s a double treat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar until light. Blend in the egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture.
- Roll the dough into balls about 2.5 cm (1”) in diameter and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern on the tops.
- Bake in a preheated 180° C (350° F ) oven for about 12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
Hints & Tips