Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Should you serve cheese or dessert after dinner? Why not both at once? Pears and blue cheese are the perfect combination, as this recipe proves.
Sprinkle the turnovers with crystallized sugar before baking for more crunch and flavor.
If you're using frozen puff pastry, thaw it at room temperature for 2-3 hours before preparing the turnovers.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F). Roll the pastry out on a floured board. Cut into 4 discs, each about 15 cm (6") in diameter.
- Peel, seed and slice the pears and divide among the four discs. Sprinkle with chopped mint.
- Crumble the cheese and sprinkle over the pears. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Beat the egg yolk with a little water; brush the edges of the disc so they will seal.
- Fold each disc over to form the turnovers. Seal the edges by pressing gently.
- Place the turnovers on a parchment-lined baking sheet; brush with the remaining egg yolk. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Hints & Tips