Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This soup, typical of the Lautrec region, can also be made with toasted bread in place of the vermicelli. Add the toasted bread just before serving.
- Pour the 2 liters of water into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the crushed garlic and egg white. Season with salt and pepper and combine well. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Prepare the mayonnaise by combining the egg yolk, mustard, salt and pepper and gradually whisking in the oil.
- Thin it with a ladleful of warm broth and mix gently into the soup. Serve hot.
The Syndicat de Défense du Label Ail Rose de Lautrec has published, in the 40 years since Lautrec pink garlic has enjoyed a protected designation of origin, a booklet of 40 recipes, developed by chefs of the Midi-Pyrénées region who belong to a voluntary association known as the "Cuisineries Gourmandes," responsible for supplying the products that go into their dishes.
Photo Jean-Jacques Ader
Hints & Tips