Preheat oven at 250°C / 00°F
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Rising time: 6 to 12 hours
Baking time: 30 minutes
Try this bread thinly sliced and lightly toasted.
We suggest serving this bread with first courses or cheeses. You can also serve it on its own as an hors-d'oeuvre.
Vive la cuisine niçoise!
Making the pistou
- Make a classic pistou (pesto) by blending the olive oil, cheese, basil leaves, parsley and garlic.
- Pour everything into a mortar and crush, adding a little salt to form a paste.
Making the bread
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast and water; mix everything together.
- Add in the pesto (except for 1 tbsp.) and knead again, adding more flour if necessary.
- Let rise for 6 to 12 hours in a bowl covered with a damp cloth near a radiator or other heat source.
- Using a paper towel, rub the bread with the remaining pistou.
- Bake in a 250° C (500° F) oven for 30 minutes.
Hints & Tips