Plum jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Steven Doherty, Head Chef at our First Floor Café in Windermere, has come up with this delicious jam recipe.
- 2 kg (4lb) Victoria plums, when available
- 500 ml (¾pt) water
- 2 kg (4lb) sugar, warmed on a baking tray in the oven
- Wash, halve and stone the plums.
- Crack a few of the stones; blanch, skin and halve the kernels.
- Cook the plums and water in a Preserving Pan for about half an hour, until the skins are soft.
- Stir in and dissolve the warmed sugar, then boil briskly, adding the kernels towards setting point.
- When a set is reached, skim if necessary.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips