Pomelo or Red Grapefruit Granita Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
Freezing time: 2 hours
For a festive meal, leave out the white vermouth when preparing the granita. Just before serving, once the granita is in dishes, pour on 2 tbsp. muscat.
- 750 g (1 lb. 10 oz.) pomelo or red grapefruit flesh
- 250 g (9 oz.) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 tbsp. white vermouth
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from the heat once the sugar is dissolved.
- Liquefy the pomelo flesh in a food processor or blender.
- Combine all the ingredients; place the blender container in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes, process the mixture in the blender: this will make the granita fluffier and less icy.
- Serve cold in sorbet coupes.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips