Potato salad, english style Recipe
Flavors of England
Although hailing from Germany, potato salad is a popular addition to any British picnic. There are many delicious variations to this traditional recipe, but here is a simple way to produce a potato salad that is regularly gobbled up across Britain.
For 4 servings
- 400g (2 2/3 cups) white potatoes (peeled or with skins left on, as preferred)
- 2-3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. of chopped spring onion
- 1 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tsp. mustard (preferably Dijon)
- Pinch of salt
- Start by chopping the potatoes into bite-size chunks and boil in a saucepan of seasoned water.
- Once soft, drain and put back into the saucepan to steam for a few minutes.
- Slice the boiled egg into small pieces and add to the steaming potatoes.
- Next add the mayonnaise, chopped fresh herbs, mustard and salt. Carefully stir until combined.
- Transfer the potato salad into a bowl and leave to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes – after this the salad is ready for the picnic basket!
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips