Prawns Flambéed in Whisky Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
For 4 servings
- 3 nice prawns per person
- 40 g (8 tsp.) butter
- 1 shallot
- a pinch of paprika
- 3 or 4 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
- 50 ml (3 Tbsp.) Glen Deveron 10 year old Whisky, or another single malt
- 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sweat the shallots for one minute.
- Gently add the prawns and color them for a few minutes on each side.
- Season with salt, 3 grindings of pepper and the paprika. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- Pour the whisky around the prawns and flambé.
- When the flames go out, mix in the cream until smooth.
- Heat for a few seconds over high heat and serve with fresh green tagliatelle or braised leeks.
More recipe ideas
Photo: Getty Images
Hints & Tips