Overnight Oats with California Prunes Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Prep time: Soaking overnight
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For 2 servings
- 375 ml / 1 1/2 cups quick-cook gruau
- 375 ml / 1 1/2 cups California prunes, chopped
- 625 ml / 2 1/2 cups Almond milk
Toppings of your choice
- berries, seasonal fruits, etc.
A day before
- Place oats in a large bowl and pour almond milk over top. Mix together.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
In the morning
- Place mixture in a large saucepan. Add California prunes (less few bites for topping) and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, adding more almond milk, if needed.
- Once cooked, divide porridge into bowls and top with your choice of toppings and the leftover chopped prunes.
More recipe ideas
Photo and recipe courtesy of California prunes
Hints & Tips