Cooking Time: 10 minutes
*Examples of root vegetables: carrots, parsnips, salsify, beets, celeriac, turnip, rutabaga
- Butterfly each saddle of rabbit.
- Stuff the inside of each saddle with pancetta (4 slices per saddle), sage (3 leaves per saddle) and lemon (equally divided).
- Season with salt and pepper; roll up and tie.
- Oil each saddle and grill on the barbecue over medium heat, turning to grill all sides (12-15 minutes).
- Remove the string; cut each saddle into 2-3 fairly thick slices.
- Serve with a quinoa salad or root vegetables grilled on the barbecue.
Château St-Thomas 2006, Bekaa Valley, Lebanon
Decca 77 - After 15 years restaurant experience, including a stint at Le Mitoyen in Laval, Lumière in Vancouver and Daniel Langlois' private club restaurant, 357C in Old Montreal, Daren Bergeron is now executive chef at Decca77 in downtown Montreal. 1077 rue Drummond (IBM Tower).
Hints & Tips