Raspberry Jam Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time : 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Never wash raspberries.
To give a sophisticated or surprising note to your jam, add a spoonful of balsamic vinegar to each jar just before sealing.
- Place the raspberries in a jam pot or large saucepan; add the sugar and lemon juice and combine.
- Heat the raspberry mixture to the boiling point and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon so that it doesn't stick. Skim the surface as necessary.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, test to see if the jam is ready: place a drop on a cold plate. If it sets immediately, the jam is cooked. If not, continue cooking over medium heat for another 5-10 minutes and test again.
- Sterilize the jars and lids and allow to dry.
- Ladle the jam into the jars, seal and invert. Once cooled, turn right side up.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips