This new cocktail, which combines flavors and aromas in a silky, flavorful and fresh effervescence, is a creation of William Ledeuil, chef at Ze Kitchen Galerie restaurant in Paris, which was recently awarded a Michelin star.
Starting from the premise that color implies a mood, William Ledeuil began with the desire to make the cocktail sparkling yellow, like the sun. "In terms of taste, I also wanted to create a pairing of freshness and acidity. The yellow mango, green apple, turmeric, ginger and lemon juice emulsion forms a kind of syrup that is fresh and slightly sour, with a touch of bitterness enhanced by the flavor of the Ricard, diluted in ice water."
This is a fresh and aromatic drink in which the flavors blend into a sophisticated, yet surprising, fusion with a Franco-Asian twist.
- In a blender, combine the green apple juice with the lemon juice, yellow mango, fresh peeled turmeric, 1 1/2 minced lemongrass stalks and the chopped ginger.
- Strain and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the Ricard base with 1 part Ricard to 10 parts water and infuse with a halved lemongrass stalk. Refrigerate.
- Fill small glasses two-thirds full with the green apple-mango syrup.
- Add the chilled Ricard and serve.
Hints & Tips