Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: About 15 minutes + cooking time for the rice
Very decorative, this dish can be served in a large hollowed out pineapple for 4 persons or in Victoria pineapple for two.
You can give this dish a summer touch and serve it cold with a mild vinaigrette - peanut oil and pineapple juice.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise; hollow out;
- Dice half the pineapple flesh, removing the rest for another use.
- Heat the oil in a wok; add the red pepper and the shallot and brown slightly; remove and set aside.
- Quickly sauté shrimps in the wok for a few minutes - just until they become opaque. Set aside.
- Add the cooked rice and soy sauce; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced pineapple and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the shallots and red pepper.
- Meanwhile, warm the pineapple boats in the oven or microwave.
- Fill the pineapple (7).
- Garnish with shrimps and cilantro leaves. Serve hot.
Replace shrimps by chicken
Dice the chicken and ham.
Pat the chicken dry with paper towel; stir fry in the wok for a few minutes. Set aside.
Add chicken and ham with shallots and red pepper (7).
Photo : ID 14827128 / cokemomo / MSCOMM
Hints & Tips