Ruby Grapefruit Granita Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hoursPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: 3 hours
Ingredients for 4-6 servings
- 2 ruby Grapefruit, segmented
- 2 cups (500ml) strained ruby grapefruit juice
- 2 cups (500ml) water
- 2/3 cup (150 g) sugar
- finely grated rind of 1 ruby grapefruit
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Place a 20 x 30 cm (8 x 12") shallow metal baking pan in the freezer.
- Combine the water, sugar and grapefruit zest in a medium saucepan. Add the cinnamon sticks. Bring to the boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat and simmer, without stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in grapefruit juice. Cool to room temperature. Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Pour grapefruit mixture into chilled pan and return to freezer. Freeze for 3 hours, removing from freezer every 30 minutes to scrape with a fork to break up ice crystals. When set , the granita should be the texture of soft crushed ice. Scoop into serving cups and top with grapefruit segments.
Photo and suggestion: Coles, your supermarket in Australia
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips