Toasted Almond Shortbread Recipe
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 22 minutes
A recipe by Chef Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun’s Restaurant in Atlanta, GA to accompany his almond and raspberry sherbet.
- 1/3 (75 mL) cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 (50 mL) cup sugar
- 1 stick / 125 ml unsalted butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Spray 8”x 2”x 2” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place almonds in a single layer in a dry skillet, and turn heat to medium. Toast, stirring occasionally, until almonds are fragrant and golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Crumble the butter in until it resembles course meal.
- Press into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. L
- et cool to room temperature, cut into eight equal pieces and place in airtight container until needed.
Nutrition per serving (1/8)
- Calories - 209 kcal
- Cholesterol - 30 mg
- Total fat - 14 g
- Satured fat - 7,5 g
- Monounsatured fat - 4,5 g
- Polyinsatured fat - 1,1 g
- Carb - 19 g
- Proteins - 3 g
- Fibers - 0,9 g
- Calcium - 17 mg
- Magnesium - 17 mg
- Sodium - 2 mg
- Potassium - 54 mg
- Vitamin E - 1,5 mg
More recipe ideas
With the collaboration of the California Almond Board.
Hints & Tips