Shrimp, Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for 4-6 servings
- 450 g (1 lb.) cooked northern Shrimp
- 1 can of Artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 can of hearts of palm, drained and sliced into rounds
- Curly or Boston lettuce, or other mild greens
- 1 tsp. clover honey or a pinch of sugar or sugar substitute
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) oil
- 50 ml (3 tbsp.) Balsamic vinegar
- Line the bottom and sides of each salad bowl with the lettuce leaves;
- arrange the mixture of shrimps, artichoke hearts and hearts of palm in the middle;
- drizzle with the vinaigrette* and serve immediately.
Combine the ingredients (oil, balsamic vinegar and honey) and use immediately. Since the balsamic vinegar is heavy, it tends to sink to the bottom; if you make it ahead, mix well before using. Honey tends to blend into the dressing better than sugar does.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips