Spicy Sicilian-Style Spaghetti Recipe
The Cuisine of Sicily
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 500 g (18 oz.) spaghetti
- 5 anchovies
- 50 g (3 Tbsp.) butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 250 g (8 oz.) ripe tomatoes
- 10 black olives
- 1 red chili
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- a pinch of parlsey
- a pinch of oregano
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes are too acidic
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil. Drain.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the tomatoes. Pit and slice the olives.
- Place the chili under the broiler for 5 minutes. Peel and dice.
- In a large heavy pot, sauté the garlic, tomatoes and chili in the butter and oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the olives, capers, parsley and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes. The sauce should be thick. Add a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes are too acidic.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce, garnished with pieces of anchovy.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips