Sicilian-Style Spaghetti with Eggplant Recipe
The Cuisine of Sicily
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 500 g (18 oz.) spaghetti
- 3 anchovies
- 1 eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 250 g (8 oz.) ripe tomatoes
- 10 green olives
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- some basil leaves
- 6 Tbsp. grated Pecorino
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes are too acidic
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with a pinch of salt and a few drops of oil. Drain.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the tomatoes. Peel and dice the eggplant. Slice the olives.
- Place the red pepper under the broiler for 5 minutes. Peel and dice.
- In a large heavy pot, sauté the garlic, eggplant, tomatoes and red pepper in the oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the olives and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes. The sauce should be thick. Add a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes are too acidic.
- Serve the pasta with the sauce, garnished with pieces of anchovy and the grated Pecorino.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips