Sorrel Sauce for fish Recipe
Total time: less than 15 minutes
For 4-6 servings
- 2 small bunches of sorrel
- 150 g (5 oz.) shallots
- 200 g (7 oz.) cold butter in small cubes
- 200 g (7 oz.) cream
- 200 ml (7 oz.) white wine
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) fish stock
- 2 Tbsp. dry white vermouth
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice (optional)
- Chop the sorrel finely; chop the shallots.
- Cook the shallots until soft in the white wine, fish stock and vermouth over low heat.
- Add the cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the sorrel and cook for 20 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Gradually whisk in the cubes of cold butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
You can change the texture of the sauce by blending it with an immersion blender for a few seconds.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips