Prep. and cooking time: 30 minutes
In this lovely house run by Cécile and Gérard Ryngel, the chef recreates on the plates the delicious landscapes of the region, using the finest market ingredients.
Serve this soup as an appetizer, just before the first course. Accompany it with little garlic flavored croutons, or, for a more refined version, toast some peppercorns for 4 minutes in a hot oven (180° C / 350° F). Crush them and sprinkle over the soup at the last minute.
- Set aside a few leaves of Lamb's Lettuce.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently sauté the remaining Lamb's Lettuce. Add the potatoes, which have been peeled and diced. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a litre of water to the Lamb's Lettuce and potatoes and cook gently for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, purée the soup until very smooth. Add the cream and check the seasoning.
- Serve the soup in small glass cups and garnish the top with a bouquet of Lamb's Lettuce.
Photo: François Bertram. Collaboration: Canetti Conseil.
Hints & Tips