Cooking time: 30-35 minutes
Pattypan squash can be stuffed in many ways, using stuffed pepper recipes for the filling. Usually the filling is based on meat (like this one), fish or shrimp.
You can serve them on their own or with a tomato or béchamel sauce, depending on the ingredients used in the filling.
- Cut off the tops of the squash; hollow out the centers with a spoon.
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet until foamy; add the onion; cook until translucent;
- add the meat and spices; cook for 3 minutes longer; blend in the bread crumbs;
- stuff the pattypan squash; return the "lid" to each squash and place in a baking dish; add water to a depth of 2.5 cm (1"); cover and cook in a moderate (180° C / 350° F) oven for 20 minutes;
- remove from the oven; take the tops off the squash and cover with brie;
- increase the oven heat and return the squash to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted;
- put the "lids" back on as a decoration and serve hot.
Hints & Tips