Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. Boil them in salted water. When tender, drain and cut into cubes.
- Boil the peas and the eggs - count 10 minutes starting at the first boil. Drain and shell.
- Mix the potatoes, carrots, peas, eggs, peppers and tuna in a large bowl.
Making the mayonnaise and finishing
- Put the whole egg, vinegar and salt into a liquidizer or food processor. Turn on the machine and then slowly add the oil through the hole in the lid until you have a thick emulsion.
- Stir the salad carefully and mix in as much of the mayonnaise as you like. Either serve at once or keep the salad in the fridge for later use.
- Put them on little plates or spoons and decorate with some pitted green olives and strips of roasted red Pepper.
This classic Spanish tapa marries well with a white from the small DO Alella (Catalonia), with the typical floral touches of the local variety, Pansa Blanca.
Photo by Javier Peñas / ICEX. Collaboration : Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior
Hints & Tips