Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Freezing time: 1 hour
Don't forget to scrape your granité every 15 minutes with a fork to keep it from freezing into a solid block.
- canned peeled tomatoes
- ready-to-use lemon juice
- 1 package of ready-to-serve mixed greens
- Plunge the tomatoes for 20 seconds into a pot of boiling water; refresh under cold running water; peel and seed. Place into the container of a blender; season with pepper.
- Remove the stems from the basil and add the leaves to the blender container. Add the lemon juice and a spoonful of olive oil. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with a pinch of salt; fold gently into the tomato mixture.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for 1 hour, removing every 15 minutes and grating with a fork to break up the ice crystals that are forming.
- Wash and dry the mesclun; place in a salad bowl. In another bowl, combine the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil with the lemon juice and pepper.
- Remove the rind from the blue cheese; cut the cheese into cubes. Remove the granité from the freezer and half fill four large glasses with it.
- Divide the cubed cheese over top and cover with another layer of granité.
- Dress the salad and serve immediately with the tomato granités.
Suggested side for a balanced meal: 2 small slices of wholegrain bread and some mirabelle plums.
Nutritional content of this meal, per person:
387 Kcal or 19% of the recommended daily allowance
Protein: 42% of the RDA
Calcium: 34% of the RDA.
Hints & Tips