Prep. time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 8 to 12 hours
Cooking time: A few minutes
Oven temperature: 200°C / 400°F
- Roughly break up the Alicante nougat.
- Butter a 500 ml / 2 cup soufflé dish.
- Place a paper collar around the edge of the soufflé dish, letting it extend 5 cm / 2" above the rim. Place in the freezer.
- Prepare a light syrup with the water and sugar.
- Beat the egg yolks and the warm syrup together in a blender.
- Break up the Jijona nougat into the two tablespoons of wine. Beat the crème fraîche. Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold together, in the same order, all of the mixtures.
- Sprinkle the soufflé mould with some of the Alicante nougat. Pour in the prepared cream mixture. Leave in the freezer for several hours, or overnight for best results.
- After removing the mixture from the freezer, remove the paper, sprinkle with the remaining Alicante nougat and serve with the warm chocolate sauce.
- Melt chocolate with water on the top of a double boiler.
Gradually whisk in olive oil.
A vin doux naturel from the Roussillon (France)
With the special collaboration of Spanish Department of Foreign Affairs and Spain Gourmetour
Hints & Tips