Originally from the city of Adana in the southeastern part of the country, these spiced ground meat kebabs are very popular in Turkey. Traditionally presented on a big platter lined with mint, dill, arugula and onions, they are a delicious treat.
If you don't have a barbecue, broil the kebabs in the oven, placing the rack at the 3/4 position in the oven instead of directly under the heat. Place a pan under the kebabs to collect the cooking juices.
- Combine the ground lamb and beef.
- Wash the parsley, remove the stems and chop the leaves.
- Place the meat in a bowl. Add the parsley, onion, garlic, spices, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands until well-combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions.
- Oil 4 skewers. Form two cigar-shaped portions around each skewer - for a tapas version, use 8 skewers.
- Place the kebabs over the coals and cook for approximately 3 minutes on each side.
Hints & Tips