Baking time: 20-25 minutes
Everybody loves moist chocolate brownies! For Valentine's day, you can bake a pan of brownies and cut them into heart shapes with a cookie cutter while they're still warm, so they don't crumble.
You could also bake them in paper muffin cups like cupcakes. To decorate them, cover the top with white icing and draw a red heart in the center using a piping bag (or snip off the corner of a ziploc bag).
When it comes to flavor, it's said that chocolate and strawberries have aprhodisiac properties. Slice a strawberry for garnish - it is naturally heart-shaped!
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Melt the chocolate over hot water, stir in the butter.
- Mix well and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until thick and pale.
- Incorporate the chocolate, then the flour and baking powder. It is important that the ingredients be well-combined, but without overmixing.
- Pour the batter into a buttered brownie pan in a layer not more than 3 cm thick (1 1/4"), or into paper muffin cups (best placed in a muffin tin to support them).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownies should be soft. Overbaking will quickly dry them out.
You can also dust the tops of the brownies with icing sugar and use red candy sparkles (sold in a tube in large stores) to create the heart. The final touch: decorate the paper cup with a ribbon.
Hints & Tips