Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Pots de crème can be made one day ahead and stored in the fridge; bring to room temperature before serving.
- In large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast walnuts, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine walnuts, cream, chocolate and orange liqueur. Stirring frequently, heat until all the chocolate has melted and the mixture is near boiling, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar and whisk until just combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add the hot cream while whisking to prevent curdling. Whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture into six 175 ml / 3/4 cup ramekins, soufflé or custard cups and place into a baking dish.
- Add hot water to baking dish until it reaches halfway up the outside of ramekins.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with fresh whipped cream and berries, if desired.
About 572 cal, 7 g pro, 48 g fat (23 g sat. fat), 30 g carb, 2 g fibre, 307 mg chol, 38 mg sodium. %RDI: 8% calcium, 13% iron, 39% vit A, 0% vit C.
To learn more about California walnuts
Hints & Tips