Watermelon Rind Jam Recipe
Total time: more than 2 hours
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
Waiting time: 48 hours
Enjoy this jam with slices of brioche warmed under the broiler.
- Choose a watermelon with a thick rind. Wash the rind under running water.
- Coarsely peel the rind with a sharp knife, retaining only the white part. Cut it into strips.
- In a large jam pot, dissolve the sugar in a little water over low heat to form a syrup.
- Immerse the watermelon rind pieces in the syrup; add the zest and cook for 90 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the jam has a jelly-like appearance.
- Chop coarsely with an immersion blender using short pulses, being careful not to burn yourself. Cook 30 minutes longer over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and ladle into sterilized jars. Let rest 48 hours.
- Cover with parchment paper and put on lids. Store in a dry place.
More recipe ideas
Photo : ID 63552351 / minadezhda / MSCOMM
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips