Remove the mozzarella from the fridge an hour before serving
Prep. time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Parmigiano Reggiano tiles: place some grated Parmigiano Reggiano in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 200° C to form crispy Parmigiano Reggiano tiles to serve with the platter.
You can replace the ricotta in the involtini with mascarpone or gorgonzola and mascarpone. You could replace the ball of mozzarella di bufala with little mozzarella di bufala balls, serving them on skewers with some cherry tomatoes.
Tip from Casa Azzurra (distributor of mozzarella and ricotta)
Mozzarella di bufala Campana is a DOP product from the Campania region. The cheese is unique for its thick rind and creamy centre. It should be served at room temperature.
An hour before serving:
- Remove the mozzarella di bufala from the refrigerator to come to room temperature.
- Cut the zucchini into rounds and slice the eggplant lengthwise.
- Peel and seed the peppers; quarter them.
- In a hot skillet with a little olive oil, grill the vegetables separately. They should be softened and colored. Sprinkle the vegetables with a little fleur de sel and let cool.
Making the involtini
- Chop the basil leaves finely. Combine with the ricotta and season to taste.
- Place a spoonful of ricotta on the bresaola slices; roll up.
- On a platter, present the various grilled vegetables, the mozzarella di bufala ball, the thinly sliced Parma ham and the ricotta-bresaola involtini.
- Just before serving, slice the mozzarella di bufala and give everything a drizzle of olive oil and a grinding of black pepper.
Photos and collaboration: Casa Azzurra
Hints & Tips