Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
You may not realize how easy spring rolls are to make - here's an east-meets-west version that is delicious.
Tips and hints:
The rice papers have to be soaked in very warm, but not hot, water for about 5 seconds. They can then be manipulated very easily once you get the hang of rolling them. Allow two or three extras for your first attempts.
Roll the spring rolls up tightly for the best presentation.
- Cut the chicken breast into strips; season with salt and pepper. Sauté them in butter in a skillet for 7 to 8 minutes over medium heat, turning often. Cool.
- Peel and grate the carrots. Remove the stems from the cilantro. Cut the Bresse bleu in half, then cut each half into 8 nice slices.
- Fill a bowl with very warm water. Dip each rice paper disc in the water, drain, and lay flat on your work surface.
- On the lower third of the wrapper, place some chicken strips, carrot, bean sprouts and cilantro.
- Begin rolling the rice paper up to enclose the ingredients, then fold the edges in at right angles, roll up a little further, then lay 2 slices of Bresse bleu flat on the spring roll and finish rolling. Make 8 rolls.
- Make a sauce with the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar; serve it in a small ramekin with the spring rolls.
Hints & Tips