Georgia Pecan Breakfast Spread Recipe
Flavors of the Old South
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Recipe from Chef Scott Peacock, Watershed Restaurant, Decatur, Ga.
Spread can be made 3-5 days in advance, but should be brought to room temperature before serving.
*Toast pecans for 3 minutes in a 190°C / 375°F oven or until crisp for more flavor.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups
- 225 g / 8 oz fresh goat cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 125 ml / 1/2 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted*
- 85 ml / 1/3 cup chopped dried black mission figs (may substitute other dried fruit varieties, such as apricots, prunes, cranberries, raisins, etc., though I strongly advocate figs)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and fold together just until blended.
- Spread on warm toasted bread or bagel, or refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition information per tablespoon spread
- Calories: 54
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g / monounsaturated fat: 1g / polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fiber: 0.5g
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips