Preheat the oven to 210° C / 425° F
Prep. time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
A recipe from David Van Laer of Le Chêne Vert, Lafayette Gourmet, Paris
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water.
- Drain, reserve the asparagus tips, and purée the stems with 200 g (3/4 cup) crème fraîche.
- Place the chicken breasts in an ovenproof dish. Add the chopped shallot and 200 ml (3/4 cup) Bière de Mars. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- After cooking, reserve the liquid and reduce by half.
- Add the remaining crème fraîche, the butter and the rest of the beer. Emulsify everything with a hand mixer.
- Wash and stem the chervil, flat leaf parsley and cilantro. Set aside.
Finishing and presentation
- Combine the herbs and the asparagus tips.
- Make a vinaigrette with olive oil and lemon juice and dress the salad.
- On each plate, arrange 2 tablespoonfuls of asparagus purée and place the chicken breast on top.
- Spoon the sauce over top and garnish with the herb and asparagus salad.
Photo and collaboration: VFC and Maîtres Brasseurs de France
Le Chêne Vert, Lafayette Gourmet - 40, boulevard Haussmann, 75009 Paris
Photo and Collaboration : Les Maîtres Brasseurs de France
Hints & Tips