Chicken Nems (Spring Rolls) with Cauliflower Croquettes Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preheat the oven to 210°C / 425°F
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 30 minutes
This recipe was designed to showcase a variety of frozen products available on the market (chicken, vegetables, herbs), but you could combine both fresh and frozen ingredients depending on the season and availability.
For 4 servings
- 4 frozen Chicken breasts
- 400 g (14 oz.) peeled quartered tomatoes
- 4 sheets of brick or phyllo
- Parsley, basil
- 400 g (14 oz.) mashed potato
- 400 g (14 oz.) Cauliflower purée
- 2 beaten eggs
- Breading (flour, egg, breadcrumbs)
- 50 g (2 oz.) grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
Making the nems
- Defrost the chicken breasts in the refrigerator. Slice into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the tomato flesh into small dice.
- Lightly oil the sheets of brick; in the center of each sheet, lay some chicken strips, diced tomato and a few sprigs of parsley and basil.
- Fold up the brick to enclose the filling tightly.
- Place the nems in a baking dish; place in a 210° C (425° F) oven for about 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the brick is crispy.
Making the croquettes
- Cook the potatoes and cauliflower separately; purée and combine.
- Mix in the beaten eggs and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Form into uniform balls; chill; bread each ball by coating with flour, then egg beaten with a few drops of water, then bread crumbs.
- Fry on both sides until the breading is golden brown. Serve as a side dish.
More recipe ideas
Roasted Green Cabbage Paupiettes Stuffed with Pigeon Hearts and Truffle Purée, with a Savory Brown Sauce
In collaboration with the Centre d'Information des Produits Surgelés and VFC
Hints & Tips