Prep. time: 5-10 minutes
Macerating time: 1 day or less
Cooking time: A few minutes
The sauce can be kept refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the salt, and stir until it dissolves. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Separate the head garlic into cloves ; peel and mince the garlic very finely, than put in a medium bowl.
- Mince the parsley and oregano, and add to the garlic, along with the red-pepper flakes.
- Whisk in the red-wine vinegar, then the olive oil. Whisk in the salted water.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid, and keep in the refrigerator. Let the flavors mingle for at least a day.
Serve with grilled meats.
Adapted from Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way, with the authorization of the chef Francis Mallmann; Artisan, 2009
Hints & Tips