Puerto Rico’s unofficial Christmas drink, coquito is made with rum, coconut milk, condensed and evaporated milk. You can find it in local supermarkets - or why not make your own with this easy coquito recipe?
Make it in advance to chill it. Here it's 28°C / 83°F!
- In a blender or food processor combine the 3 milks and the rum.
- Bring the water and cinnamon sticks to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the ground cinnamon) and beat well using a blender or food processor.
- Pour the Coquito into glass bottles and refrigerate until you are ready to drink.
- Serve the chilled Coquito and add cinnamon to decorate
Hints & Tips