Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
This recipe showcases the latest addition to the Bresse Bleu family. Under its bloomy rind, Bresse Bleu Supreme hides a finely veined curd and deliciously creamy centre with fruity flavors. It is aged for twice as long as traditional Bresse Bleu.
- Pour the chicken stock and cream into a saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper and reduce by one-third over medium heat.
- Add the cubed Bresse Bleu and whisk.
- Preheat the broiler. Toast the bread slices.
- Place the Bayonne ham slices and sage leaves on a cookie sheet; broil for 3 minutes.
- Heat 1.5 liters water in a saucepan with the vinegar (don`t add salt); break an egg into a ramekin.
- When the water simmers, create a whirlpool in the water by stirring in a circular motion with a whisk or tablespoon.
- Gently pour the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. Reform the egg gently with a spoon. Poach 3 minutes. Drain the egg on paper towel and repeat with the remaining 3 eggs.
- Place a slice of toast on each plate. Top with an egg and finally with the ham slices and sage.
- Spoon the sauce on top and serve immediately.
Hints & Tips