Preheat the oven to 190° C (375° F)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
You can mix the batter on high speed for a few seconds if necessary, but avoid incorporating too much air or the cakes will by dry.
The financiers can be placed into Ziploc bags and frozen.
- Brown the butter and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Place the sugar, flour and ground almonds in a mixer with the whisk attachement. Whisk on low speed until well combined.
- Add the egg whites and continue to mix on low speed until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and mix again until there are no lumps.
- Add the cooled browned butter and mix on low speed until well incorporated.
- Pour into non-stick mini muffin tins, filling well. Sprinkle the tops with the fllaked almonds and bake in a 190° C. (375°F) oven for 30 minutes or until the cakes are risen and golden; the tops should spring back when pressed lightly.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the financiers from the pans and cool completely on a rack.
Hints & Tips