Marinating time: 1-2 hours
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Walking across Montreal's Place d'Youville, dominated by the old red brick fire hall, you might see the owner of La Gargote bistro out writing the day's menu in chalk on a blackboard propped against the stone front. This is authentic bistro cuisine, simple, delicious and affordable. We enjoyed the sunshine on the patio as we sampled this melt-in-your-mouth chicken dish.
Give an Asian touch to your grilled chicken by coating it with sesame seeds. To stay with the theme, add a touch of peanut butter to the salad dressing: it mellows the vinaigrette and pairs wonderfully with the subtle flavor of the sesame.
- Cut the chicken into cubes; place in a dish, pour the marinade over and refrigerate until you're ready to grill it.
- Place the chicken on paper towels; roll in the sesame seeds.
- Grill in a non-stick skillet in a few drops of oil.
- Turn half-way through the cooking time; allow 4-6 minutes per side.
- In a bowl, whisk together the mustard and peanut butter.
- Mix in the vinegar.
- Slowly whisk in the oil until smooth and emulsified. If you wish to make the dressing in advance, you can add 1-2 spoonfuls of water to stabilize it for a few hours.
Hints & Tips